For Junior Preparatory School Students - Grade 1 - 3
- Learning will take place via various platforms including Zoom, Google Classroom and Email. Updates and information will also be accessible via the Reddford App.
- For Junior Preparatory School students and their parents, a document will be sent to parents by the class teacher on a daily basis with a written overview of the learning activities for the day. This will commence on Tuesday, 14 April 2020, promptly at 07:45.
- Class Teachers will greet children and parents each day at 08:00 on Google classroom and will share the content for the day.
- Teachers will be available between 07:45 and 13:30 to assist children with tasks where necessary.
- Specialist teachers will prepare activities for children to do and send through on the day that the specialist subject takes place – e.g. Music, Art, Drama, Dance, Robotics where appropriate. These will be made available on Google Classroom.
- Throughout the day, the class teacher will post videos in which she will highlight aspects such as learning objectives and learning activities.
- The day will follow the normal school day, with the regular break and lunch times, as if the children were at school.
- For all Junior Preparatory School questions, kindly contact your child’s class teacher.
- Should any matter need to be escalated, please contact the Head of Campus.
For Senior Preparatory School - Grade 4 to 7
The intended outcome is that the curriculum is at the forefront of the work and, as far as possible, student progress should not be negatively impacted.
- Work will be shared via Google Classroom and will involve online lessons via Google Hangouts/Meet conferencing. Students will be invited to join the virtual classroom by their subject/class teachers.
- Students should be online and ready to connect with their subject/class teacher and complete a virtual roll call each morning at normal start time.
- Teachers will record and upload videos regarding explanations, concepts and important learning material and make them available to students for later review.
- Subject/class teachers will contact parents/guardians about absent students and those who are not completing the work.
Daily timetable for Senior Preparatory students
- Classes will take place ‘live’ as per the normal school timetable.
- Work for each class will be posted for the timetabled lesson via Google Classroom.
- Lessons will commence with a live video feed via Google Hangouts/Meet to:
- - Connect with students ‘face-to-face’
- Recap the learning objectives of the previous lesson(s)
- Introduce and explain what will be covered in the day’s lesson
- Answer any questions/address any concerns that students might have
- Monitor and follow up ‘attendance’
- For all Senior Preparatory School related questions, kindly contact your class/subject teacher.
- Should any matter need to be escalated, please contact the Head of School.
Work set will reflect the length of the lesson and wherever possible, reflect the normal curriculum objectives. Learning activities may however differ from those in a classroom setting.
Homework during remote learning will complement the lesson, just as with normal school.
It is the student’s responsibility to complete the work or communicate to their teacher reasons for it not being completed. Teachers will ensure that by the end of the day, all student queries have been dealt with in an appropriate manner.
Should you have any technical difficulties in accessing Google Classroom or any of the online applications being used, your class teacher will be available online or he/she will be able to escalate your query to our IT Managers for support. If there are any updates to these arrangements, we will advise you immediately. We ask for your support at this time as we all try and work together through these exceptional circumstances.